chaos7

Thursday, July 20, 2006

My Baby Daddy

Marriage is tough, there’s no doubt about that, but when it’s good, it’s really good. The angels sing, rainbows abound and gumdrops fall from the sky. No, that’s from a childhood cartoon.

It’s been nice to have the father figure home every night since the middle of last week. It’s a challenge to get him to slow down and direct his attention to the little fam as we perform tricks for his viewing pleasure. After W goes down for the evening (after he’s had his snack, brushed his two teeth, read no less than 9 books and we’ve unearthed at least 2 binkies) papa and I dig in for two. By the way, last night’s dinner was off the chart! Pan-Seared Halibut with Tomato Vinaigrette, garlic and herb cous-cous and roasted asparagus. All very easy to prepare and not time consuming in the least. I highly recommend giving it a try. We sipped from two bottles of vino and paddled around in tipsy conversation over candlelight. Yep, I’m getting spoiled real fast. Of course, I did hit the pillow at 10:30 p.m. but with a contented smile on my face. Bliss.

The cleaning lady came yesterday and picked up all of the random hairs and dust and crumbs around the house. She even wiped out the fridge. She rules. I found her vacuuming the stairs with her headphones on her head when I got home. She had the vacuum hose in one hand and the duster in the other as she ran it along the wood trim of the landing. She’s a cleaning machine, folks, and she sews so if you’re looking to treat yourself to a clean house and clothes that fit, she’s got Tuesday’s open.

1 comment:

jen said...

I can't wait to try that recipe.
Sounds yummy! To bad I don't live by you I would take that Tuesday slot in a minute!
jen