chaos7

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Day Care Dropout

The baby bird flu experience this past weekend was more than we could handle so we’re taking Willem out of day care. I am sad to say that he won’t be tapping the breast milk kegs with his buddy, Prine, anymore but ever since he has been in school, he’s been sick. Going only two days a week allowed him the right amount time to get well enough to head back to class and pocket a shiny new ailment for me to wrestle over the weekend. Coughs, sneezers, a river of runny nostrils, diarrhea, and fever is just not acceptable for this parental unit. I talked to his teachers at school today and they were sad to hear that little W was quittin’ school and said they did their best to keep him in a bubble of protection throughout. I’m sure they did. We will try again in the fall when I have more time to do the voodoo I need to keep the bugs under control. In the meantime, we’ve got our Alabama nanny scheduled to the hilt. Let the cursing with a sweet Southern drawl begin.

I spent most of the morning making an enemy of my son as I vacuumed his nose with the blue bulb syringe. This is not how I like to leave him before heading to a long go of it in the salt mine. It’s bad enough my time with him is so brief these days. I don’t want him having nightmares of a mommy-like figure with fingers of blue suction aparati, palms of freezing diaper wipes, and nail clipper lips to pinch his pieces and parts. Yikes. Even that scared me!

No comments: