chaos7

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Rock Star Baby

Last weekend we drove to Dallas to see GoGo and watch Daddy play a show. We stayed overnight and that was just long enough for Willem to get a horrible case of the nasal drips. I didn't realize how drafty the floor area was until I was sitting there with him the next morning. He slept in a playpen provided by the hotel and was just downwind of a draft. I'll pay closer attention to that possiblity next time. So how did baby handle the rock n roll circus?
Just like this...




The owner of the venue came over to find out what type of head phones baby was wearing so he could get some for a friend. Dang things really work. I tried them on myself and could barely hear the rantings of Guy Fantasy.

Towards the end of the show, I received a call from my youngest brother who is an EMT and volunteer fireman. He was in the area dropping off a patient at a nearby hospital and wanted to swing by the club. It would be the first time he would see his nephew in person. I didn't consider what it might look like to have an ambulance pull up to the venue. The paramedics climbed out and were standing at our table when the "manager" of the Small Stars hurried over to make sure everything was okay with the littlest Small Star. Ooooops.

No comments: