chaos7

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Universal Remote

We just got one of those things that consolidates the 5 remotes we have scattered in the living room. Now I don't have to dig for all of them in seat cushions, behind the sofa, or under baby's floor gym when I want to watch television. The problem now is keeping up with the ONE dang remote. I should put in on giant chain and attach it to the entertainment center.

On a related note, I'm feeling like a universal remote myself these days. Back at work full time, soakin' up baby in the short hours of the day that I see him, being a wife to a supportive husband, picking up after EVERYONE, shuttling baby to and from school, helping out the new sitter. I do, however, enjoy the fast pace of the days as they zoom, zoom by. Certainly makes the time spent with the family way more valuable. So what if I'm getting even less sleep as I stress over proposals that need to be written, parties that need to be planned for clients, and whether or not this breastfeeding thing is actually going to work out. Thankfully, the least of my concerns is what to wear to my job. There's not much of a dress code so I can dress like a school marm or a Target store model and it doesn't really matter.

Speaking of Target, my husband is considering buying stock in the company because I go there twice a week now and break the bank. It's an evil place. Most of my purchases are justified but they have that $1 section you walk right in to when you enter the store. Right there, the tab goes up about $12. Then there's those great t-shirts that have some flowery graphic on the front that I love. Oh, and baby always needs a new pair of shoes/socks/outfit/toy. Gotta grab a bag of those tiny Hershey candy bars that come in 5 flavors (I'm so over the candy corn). I usually try and get daddy something, too. Last time it was that universal remote thingie.

Took Willem to a birthday party yesterday for a girlfriend who turned two. There were lots of little families there like mine and I got to see Malcontent Mama (see link to the left) with her sweet fam in the flesh (damn cute kiddos!). Willem was not much of a team player because he had a string of bad naps earlier. He was rather indifferent to the event. Even the violent pinata bashing didn't phase him. I, on the other hand, got to talk trash and drink a beer with the rest of the moms.

Daddy is out on the road for a few days (all of you stalkers, baby snatchers, aliens, and psychopaths don't even consider coming to my house and mess with me...I have a HUGE gun). He played a show in Corpus and is now in OKC at a songwriting camp hosted by the brothers Hanson. Yep, those Mmmmbop boys. They're still around and doing quite well on the live music circuit. This is how daddy pays the bills. Write those songs, find 'em a home and let somebody else schelp them while we wait for the checks to roll in. He's paid his dues on the road. It's time now for him to enjoy the fam, write his musical, entertain his muse all from the comfort of his humble abode.

No comments: