chaos7

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Mighty Good

Another morning at the oasis that is the neighborhood coffee shop. Ahhh…no one knows me here except the cashier/latte maker/order taker guy and he’s getting my routine down already. One dollar tips work wonders. He even brought my nosh out to me and this place is super lo-fi on a level that you’re lucky if your breakfast taco is remotely warm. I like this crap-hole café though. It fits my groggy sensibility in the morning.

I dropped W off at school earlier. I was in a mental dither and forgot to write down when he woke up and when he last ate on a little sheet they provide. Great. Now he’s going to starve AND be sleep deprived. I phoned and left a message for his teacher but, seriously, I need to get it together. W burst into tears on my departure this time but I know he’s in good hands as long as they don’t let him take another swan dive off of the back deck. I call his facial scab his “DiNero” ‘cause it looks like he has a giant movie star mole on his mug.

The pops returns tonight with presents for me in the form of clothing and this is a new high, folks. He did buy me a foxy jacket at Anthropologie last year but gifting mama while out of town isn’t his usual routine. I’ll post the purchases later in the evening. We shall see the flava of the rockstar/dad/hubby.

1 comment:

jen said...

I just now caught up on the last few days. You have been on a blogging roll! I have been totally out of the internet picture! It is very hard to find a nanny and even when you find a good one, there is still that little bit of doubt and guilt. He will be fine and so will you. Don't worry, you are just a normal mommy. I forgot which school William was in one day (he goes to 2 different ones) and picked him up 30 minutes late. Everyone was gone except the director. Luckily she was a friend of mine and a mom, so she understood. Boy did I feel bad....but William never new what was going on. You are doing a great job!
Love ya!
jen