chaos7

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Cheap Date

I read about 25 blogs most days. Nearly all of them are of the parenting genre. It’s an addiction, a curiosity. Some of the bloggers I know and some of them I wish I knew. I read about far away birthday parties, girls night out, and collaborative mommy projects and wish I was part of it all. Baby and I don’t get invited to do much but that’s okay. We’re tight. We’re tight. When pictures are posted of offspring, I study them. I peer deeply into their images and survey the backgrounds looking for hints, parenting tips in the form of toys, educational materials, stuff. I file away items in my mind, things I’d like for baby to have when he’s older or things he should have real soon. He doesn’t really own that much except the loot I won on ebay half a year ago and a plethora of infant toys I need to pack away. His favorite things right now are chess sets, plastic to-go containers, books, and anything resembling a blanket he can nuzzle (robes, dish cloths, an old t-shirt). He’s a wonderful cheap date.

Speaking of cheap dates, it’s date night with the hubs tonight. We have a delicious evening planned and this mom is stoked. We need the solo time together. It taps into a certain energy we had before baby was born and we easily revert right back into couples-only blissfulness. Sooooo good.

DJ Baby Velcro

No comments: