chaos7

Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Good, The Bad, and The Unemployed

Just so everyone knows, my baby was wearing his onesie backwards when I got home yesterday. Today the changing pad that his tiny toosh has been splayed upon for the past week was being used as a drool pad in his crib. I’m beginning to wonder what condition the sitter’s kid is in. The upstairs was sparkling clean but my child was wearing garments in reverse and rubbing his cheeks (the ones on his face) on the butt pad. I just don’t know what to think but I do think today is her last day. This has been a little too stressful.

The good news is that baby has been sleeping 6 to 8 hour stretches at night now, which means I’ve been able to sleep 5 and 6-hour chunks. Wow! Certainly makes a difference in my demeanor in the morning. I’m having to adjust to the generous portion of dreamland touring though. I still have to wake up in the wee wee hours to feed baby and it takes everything I can muster to be alert enough to not break my neck on the stairs and not drop the kid as I settle on his floor to satiate him. Right around the corner, however, is the introduction of teeth. I know my rested nights are numbered.



He doesn't eat as much as he wears.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

teeth.... beware!!!

Anonymous said...

Good grief, lighten up! If you are appalled about your baby drooling onto the pad on which you changed his diapers, I wonder how you will feel when he is crawling, at which time he'll be putting all sorts of things into his mouth. You're going to have to clean your floors every hour of the day to avoid him from sampling all sorts of things that you wouldn't dream of touching.

Kelly R. said...

Dear above anonymous,

Whatever my child scoops up into his mouth from the floor on my watch isn't an issue but when it's someone else's responsiblity to pay attention to detail and get paid for it from my wallet then lightening up is not an option.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

-Mrs. Fantasy

Anonymous said...

The P is now 20 months old and I still keep an eye on her. I don't want her to put funky things in her mouth. I cringed when I read that your baby was happily lying on his diaper pad. Some people don't think or they don't care, or, like anonymous, think that children should be able to chew on any foul thing they find to innoculate themselves, ArrrggggHhh! That's one reason why we don't have a babysitter, it's hard to find a like-minded one and for the record our child has been sick ONE time in her already long 20 month life.

lp said...

i let my boyfriend drool on the pillow and eat whatever he wants. what does this mean?