chaos7

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Baby Weekend

Little woke up at 2 a.m. yesterday morning ready to partay. It’s frustrating to be yanked from a very brief deep sleep and travel down the length of the staircase to his room while your brain crawls back from dreamland but there’s nothing sweeter than seeing your child looking up at you and squealing with delight as if you are the honored guest at the soiree. I took him upstairs with me and tried to convince him that acting like a rock star at this age was a bad idea but he was having none of it. I lay down and sat him on my chest and could make out his toothless grin gaping down at me in the darkness. The brou-ha-ha lasted about an hour with coos and raspberries and then he quietly went back to sleep in his own bed. Of course at 6 a.m. he was rearing to go again.

We went to a “sip-n-see” yesterday to meet the lovely Julia in person. Please take a moment to gaze at her sweetness…















I handed Willem to Julia’s daddy so I could hold her small frame. She was as light as an empty shoebox and almost small enough to fit in one. You forget how delicate and weightless they are as such a young age. Willem got his diaper in a wad seeing me cooing at this tiny beauty and he was very concerned when he saw me across the room out of his reach. It was the first time I had witnessed this mommy craving behavior and it made me swoon. We went outside where all of the little boys of other families were playing and I stuck Willem in his first swing ride. I think I better get the boy one stat. He loved it. I had to ask assistance in freeing him though. I couldn’t figure out how to get the yellow thing up.



















On another note, I have to admit that sometimes when I reread a series of blogs I’ve written, I realize how different my life is now and that’s when I break into the liquor cabinet with my teeth. No seriously, it’s interesting how much things change when you bring a person into the world and then you have to hang out with them…a lot…or go into debt having someone else hang with them. Don’t get me wrong, I love all that I have and yes, I know the kiddo will be stealing my car keys in the middle of the night soon enough but I do miss my happy hour Fridays with girlfriends, the jet set weekends, being the first person in line at a Last Call sale, catching a movie in a theater and SLEEPING LATE. Mostly I just miss sleeping late.

No comments: