chaos7

Friday, November 17, 2006

Bitty

We’re back to the CSS (cough, snot, sneeze) circle of unhealthiness in the Fantasy household. After pumping the baby with sweet pink antibiotic juice we were illness free for about a week and a half but I guess the force field of germ killer has worn off. Such a bummer. The kid wakes up looking like he’s been rooting around in rubber cement all night. He cries out in his attempts to keep breathing until ‘morn.

I have been trying to wean him but my efforts have been thwarted. A nighttime rescue from the crib means a boob cocktail for Shorty. With his eyes closed in the dark living room, he yanks out his pacifier with the POP! sound of a champagne cork unleashed. He hurls it into the night and positions himself expectantly, his mouth shaped like an “O”. It’s amusing but I’m wondering where it will end. Sure, I could get the Hubs to help out by having him be the recipient of the child-in-need but he’s kept nighttime working hours since the Rolling Stones show and that was like 3 weeks ago. My biggest fear is that we end up being something like this…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XGonnqcU-U

3 comments:

James Grayson said...

Holy shit that video was funny!

jen said...

I was just telling my mom today that since the kids are older they don't get sick like they used to. That was one part of parenting babies that I was not fond of. I feel for you and Willem. I hope he feels well soon!

Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh my god -- that was so funny. A man I may or may not be married to was once road manager for a local reggae band whose name may or may not rhyme with Diller Flees and one of their wives (who naturally traveled with them) was still nursing a nine year old.

Not long ago, I was in the doctor's office and a big child asked his mother for some money. walked by himself to the small store outside the office, bought a soda and a snack, put together a model and then put down his Coke and started nursing. There was an eighty year old man sitting beside me waiting for his wife. I thought he might stroke out.