chaos7

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It's A Jungle In There

While we were away on vaca, Holly, the designer that pieced our house together and made it the silly, wonderful, inviting space that it is, came in and did this to W’s room…


















































































She got the aminals from the valance pictured above that I bought at a thrift store. The morning after we got home, I just knew that W was standing in his crib taking it all in. I probably could’ve stolen another hour of sleep as he examined his new digs but I was excited to talk with him about it. On a daily basis, and sometimes many times a day, he affectionately pets his walls and makes high-pitched breathy sounds (jungle speak?). The parrot is above his changing table and has been a perfect distraction while wrangling his tantrums when we do the diaper tango. I ask him where the bird is and he points. We search for the tiger and fish and it all keeps him still enough to change his britches. When I take him out of the crib, he religiously has to pet the ladybug and the tiger before we can move in to our day. I never had something like this as a child save for the chalk art scribbled on sidewalks but it’s nice to sit in there with him and watch his imagination roam in his private, little jungle.

Holly is for hire, by the way.

2 comments:

jen said...

That is so cool! I wish my kids had that when they were smaller, heck they would probably love it now.
See ya soon!
Jen

Anonymous said...

I'M TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW TO COMMENT, IT'S A JUNGLE OF HOW TO GET HERE! LOVE THE ROOM, MOM