chaos7

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

He's All Grows Up

This morning I scooped up baby from his crib and stuffed him in a blanket before heading to the living room for our breakfast of Cheerios and Sesame Street. The blanket part is what I’m emphasizing here. It’s gotten chilly enough at night that we wake with cold hands and feet. Papa leaves a pile of Pjs on the floor next to the bed for middle of the night layering. We bundle up in blankets before curling up on the sofa. Autumn is upon us. All I can say is halle-freakin’-lujah! It was a hot as hell summer around here and I don’t think our little family will be able to endure another one. Anyone interested in a June-August house swap next year?

I took W to school this morning and this was the second time in the history of his daycare days that he didn’t cry when I scurried out the door. I know this fact is really only important to me but it’s a big deal. I go through a wave of mental anguish when I drop his tiny buns off and don’t breathe from the door to my car. I know because I exhale like a breeching whale when procuring my keys to get the heck out of there.

Here’s the growing weed now…






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

too adorable.

jen said...

He's just growing so fast!
jen