chaos7

Monday, September 25, 2006

Absent Minded

Hello! Sorry I haven’t written but I’ve been burnin’ it at both ends. That also includes searching for harmony w/ hubby and catching up on some sleep. Last week was a week of “Did that really happen?” and I’m still filtering through the details.

Tuesday, the Mr. and I celebrated our 3-year anniversary of wedded hit and miss a day early. We did the usual and gorged ourselves on a tasting menu at Wink. This included a wine pairing, i.e. 5 glasses of vino. Ugh. We got a late start to the night so painfully empty stomach’s combined with that much rich food and hooch equals a gluttonous coma. Had to be up and at ‘em early Wednesday in preparation for a corporate event the following Thursday for 700 people. Banged out a full day and arrived home to find four generations of family taking over our nest in the best way. There’s nothing more heart warming that to come in the front door and see your child splayed across the lap of his great-granny. I took a step into the living room and saw my beloved and pro-active auntie, her daughter and her daughter’s daughter making themselves at home. Corks were popped, halibut was served and stories swapped. We went late into the night (because midnight is late in my world) and then they raced out of the driveway at 8 a.m. ready to make the 4-hour drive back to my hometown. It was a surreal and wonderful visit and I’m sad it went by so quickly. Thursday was all about the corp. event that had us home at 1 a.m. I hired Papa’s band to play for the inebriated masses so it was nice to have him around. He kept forgetting that PDA’s were not part of the job description and was trying to kiss me while I was working. Not allowed, mister. Swollen, sore and tired, I drug my buns in to work to finish off the week in a half-hearted state of being. Over the weekend I napped when baby did, hung out with the boys, and bought some foxy brown boots at a shoe warehouse (where everyone in the world that is a size nine shops and so there are never any size nines).

It’s Monday already and another week moves forward.

No comments: