chaos7

Thursday, September 14, 2006

I'm Big In Japan

I pitched my tent at the coffee shop this morning. Bliss! Leroy, the newest counter dude with a rooster’s comb of hair and jovial personality, plies me with smiles and warmth. He laughs at my one-liners and says “Cheers!” a lot but he does that with everyone. I get my taco and head to my favorite table for a relaxing start to the day. Very rarely do I get to eat so slow that my food gets cold. Most meals, it’s a scalding swallow or obnoxious mouthful before baby needs something or the phone rings at the office.

They’ve been working on improving the look of the place. Today artwork covers the walls. There’s a unique series on the life of a pet rabbit and the same artist hung a pregnant belly cast on the wall where you can peek into the belly button and see a picture of her son peering back at you. It’s quite lovely. They’ve applied for a liquor license here but I don’t think it’s going to change the dynamic of the place too much. Bloody Mary, anyone?

And now for a total change of direction…

Sometimes I go back and read some of my posts and think, “My life is really good and it’s boring reading about it and I wouldn’t want to read my blog because nothing really happens.” I’m not on anti-depressants and I’m not having an affair and I don’t sit in the closet and drink after everyone’s asleep and I don’t beat my child or hear voices or communicate with the dead. I know, I need to be careful what I say but it’s true. I have a beautiful child that, just days after turning one, can tell me what a dog and cat sound like. I have a husband that busts his tail to live his dreams while sewing his family into that plan at the same time. I have an eventful (haa, haa…a play on words…I’m so funny…No, I’m not) job that I love. I have a great home, food in the fridge and my bills are current. Booooorrrrrinnnng. I think it’s time to shake things up a bit, pay some serious attention to my goals and not make my To Do lists the bible pages of my life. I want to cross off “Finish manuscript” and “Buy land in Marfa” instead of “Diapers at HEB” and “New tires for truck”. Ugh. It’s time for some action, people!

I found this on the bar the morning after papa's b-day dinner. Alcohol induced creativity...

4 comments:

Kelly R. said...

You're right, Miss Wendielu, driving 8+ hours in a car with a toddler would certainly liven things up a bit, like in the direction of a cliff.

I have such fond memories of Nashville with you.

xo

Anonymous said...

HI HONEY,
WITHOUT YOUR BLOG I WOULD FEEL TOTALLY UNCONECTED TO YOUR FAMILY.
ALSO,CAN'T HELP BUT WONDER WHO MADE
THE COLOR CORDINATED PARADE OF CRITTERS ON YOUR COUNTER.

Anonymous said...

I sit in the closet and drink and it's really not that interesting. But keep writing so I have something to read when I am in there.

jen said...

Your to do list will be crossed out before you know it. All in good time. I didn't think mine would ever get done. But I am actually starting to get to a few things. The trade off is... my kids are getting older...
breaks my heart sometimes.
Love the pic. Brings back some great party memories. Love ya!
Jen