chaos7

Thursday, June 08, 2006

What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been

Today is the one year anniversary of my blog and it’s been one helluva year. Let’s recap, shall we?

June of last year, I was six months preggers. This bump was around that time…
















I had no idea what was in store for this me in the months to come and for what would happen to this bod afterwards. Here’s a later look…












Yikes, no? I was one of those basketball bearing mamas but that didn't make it any easier. I was front loaded, not wide loaded.

I escaped the stretch marks but inherited a road map of spider and varicose veins. It's impossible to avoid growing a person under your flesh without some sort of repercussion.

This is daddy and I before baby, all giddy and expectant and completely unarmed for this tiny army of one...












This is us right after the army arrived. Can you say “shell shocked” (but very happy)?















He came into the world like this…











And is the center of my world like this…













Last year we began the horrific task of remodeling our craphole hamlet. It started out like this…












Today, it's our funky and fabulous mansion. Barney, the dinosaur, only wishes he could live there. The yard is our next project, God help us. I’m glad we’re getting ready to do it in the MIDDLE OF SUMMER!












We traveled to Spain with our infant boy in November while braving the freezing temps but embraced the insane beauty (and walked our asses off!)…












We visited Marfa (ahhhh…)…












Swam in a Kentucky body of water…












And strolled the beach in Port A many times…
















I went from a red-head (I look sorta drunk here but was soley off the hooch...or was I?)…
















To a blonde (closer to my natural color...mousey)...















I watched daddy play dives, outdoor parties, the “Taste of” some crappy city, an in-store, a couple of theaters, a gymnasium in Spain, 37th street at Christmas, a kickin’ and very dark New Year’s Eve party, and family affairs…





















































The biggest deal this past year, of course, was the birth of our son. Being a parent is the most incredible and fulfilling experience in the world. It’s also the hardest thing we've ever done but when you do it 24/7 for months at a time, you get pretty damn good at it. I wouldn’t change a minute of it for anything. I just hope we don't screw him up somehow. You just never know. Thanks to everyone for reading. Keep coming back.









1 comment:

jen said...

First of all... love the hair! I haven't seen you in a longggggg time, but red was really cool.
I LOOOOVE the pics. I wish I knew how to put some on my blog. It would probably make it a LOT more fun.
Anyway....what a great year...and I wish you many more to come!
jen