chaos7

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Estrogen In A Sake Cup

Last night was date night with a girlfriend of mine who I never see much anymore because I am a working mom and she is newly involved. This fella’s arrival in her world has been a long time coming and we have talked about his type for ages. He’s everything she could wish for and more plus he can put up with her sharp tongue and sassy fits. It just rolls off of his tall 6’6 back.

We hooked up for sushi at Kyoto, a downtown establishment complete with an area where you kick off your shoes and sit on cushions on the floor next to a very low table. They have a mouthwatering 45-minute sushi happy hour but they won’t seat you or serve you unless the entire party is there ready to nosh. Of course I was running late b/c daddy needed to go pick up his frou-frou dinner-to-go and then I couldn’t find a freakin’ parking spot downtown. Paying $5 to park is a crime so I drove around and around burning about $5 in gas. Since she and I are sushi vets and love so much of the same fare, we launched into our order complete with a pint of beer each AND a carafe of hot sake. The seaweed salad, edemame, rolls, and raw fish pieces flowed, as did the conversation. It was one of those dining/catching up experiences where stories are told and shock follows. Having conversations with this gal in particular is always a hoot because she’s so detailed and graphic (Gentlemen, if you’ve had sex with her, I know ALL about you.). We then strolled over to Jo’s Coffee for some cozy outdoor entertainment and chat. I ran into an old boyfriend and we talked about days of yore. He told stories of things that I had completely forgotten about and it was comforting in a homemade chicken ‘n dumpling’s sort of way. Break ups always suck but it’s nice when you can cross paths, reminisce and laugh about it, no?

So I hired a housekeeper to come to my house today to do the deep cleaning she claimed she could do. I seriously think this woman was totally high the whole time she was here (crystal meth, anyone?) which was all total two hours and she "cleaned" two properties. I don't think so. She dumped some carpet powder on the rugs and tried to vacuum it up but I found lines like cut cocaine around the fringe of the carpet underneath. I don't want the babies crawling in that! Some mirrors were wiped, others not, smudge marks covered the countertops in a half-hearted attempt to wipe them. I swear they spelled her name...R-O-B...it's just awful. The stairs weren't vacuumed, she must've just snorted the crumbs off of the baby's rug, and there was still a ring around the tub. Can't win for losing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you said the other day that I need to hire a someone to clean our house. I think that Phoebe and Zoey can do a better job. Besides, we live next to the biggest meth state in the US.

Anonymous said...

Going out for sushi is exactly what I and my BFF Bethy do for girl-time! We're both so busy that getting together and having a little edamame, miso, sushi, and a LOT of sake is our idea of luxury.