chaos7

Friday, June 09, 2006

Just Lysol

Okay people, dad and I need some help. Since I work a regular job with those pesky 40 required hours of work weekly for the kick ass health insurance bennys, I have specific vacation days (sort of) to take. Pops, on the other hand, being a stay at home musician (Ha! You thought I was going to say SAHD but he comes and goes as he pleases all day long) can carve out days, weeks, months even to go to magical places with topless waitresses and free high speed internet. *Note to self: Open strip club with free wireless and make a mil. ANYWAY…we have been struggling with the decision of where to go for the 4th of July holiday with baby. I always root for a beach scene but, for me, not just any beach. It must be warm enough to go swim in the water and teeming with those helpful cabana boys. Santa Cruz is out, honey, sorry. We tried to book something in Playa del Carmen but a flight there is a jillion dollars. We decided to try and use our frequent flyer miles but of course, since it’s a significant holiday for pyromanics, there’s a black out on free seats. Port A is our usual haunt but we don’t want to be repetitive and besides, the cabin is rented already. What I’m asking for are some travel ideas from you. It doesn’t necessarily have to be baby-oriented either. Going to the grocery store or the neighborhood pool is a vaca to the wee one. We have about 5 days to travel. ANY trip ideas will be considered because I am at a loss (except those involving motorcycles, bungee jumping, sky diving, Mickey Mouse, lap dances or anchovies).

Monday greets the arrival of…*queue trumpets here…MY CLEANING LADY! Thank you to hubby’s mom for making it happen, i.e. she hassled my better half about the fact that he’s incredibly messy and I work full time and take care of the kid and run most of the errands and keep us in toilet paper and paper towels and clean clothes while working events for clients who suck open bars dry. To pay for it though, we have to give up some sort of expense so I’m willing to part with one of my Target trips a month. Just one though.

1 comment:

jen said...

Well, I am just being selfish so this isn't gonna help much... I think you need to vist the homestead. How about Kemah (sp?)or Galveston, a lake maybe? Okay that probably isn't helping any, but we don't live close enough to the coast to know where any good sandy places are.
Good luck!
Jen