chaos7

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

P-A-R-K is K-R-A-P Spelled Backwards

I went home today at my regularly scheduled time to grab a bite to eat and pump the girls and found Earth Mama and the babies to be MIA. I figured they'd be at the park in my neighborhood so en route back to the office I sought them out. Sure enough, they were sitting in one corner of the lot hanging in the grass with a guy who had his own child in his arms. I noticed right away that he was from E.M.'s (Earth Mama's) tribe as he was wearing things made in Guatemala, sporting tangled tendrils and he and his son had names I couldn't pronounce. A peculiar thing about him was the outline of green around his lips and inside his dark beard. Serious vegetarian, perhaps? Willem was pleased as punch that I was there and did his heavy, rapid excited to see me breathing as I sized up the little pow wow and considered taking the kid to the office with me. Suddenly a lovely woman arrived on the scene, obviously the child's mother. He leapt (as a 10-month-old may do) at her as she smothered him in kisses. She wore layered Guatemalan threads with a nose piercing and dreads. I was distracted for a moment by my son and didn't see her ample boob come flopping out and in to the child's mouth, the sun beaming down on it like it was the Holy Grail. I also didn't see the daddy figure disappear for a moment and reappear with a head of romaine lettuce in his hand. It was not in a bag but just free form in his hand as if he had just picked it himself. He tossed it at his wife/girlfriend/mate's feet and they began to tear off shreds like rabbits and eat it. Ahhhh, perhaps this is the origin of the green mouth syndrome afflicting this guy who's name sounded like something said underwater. Don't get me wrong, they were really nice people but not nice enough to offer me some of their lettuce.

1 comment:

jen said...

I can just picture that entire scene. Great visual!

jen