chaos7

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Home Cookin'

I didn’t mention earlier this week that the husband has been on the left coast since Tuesday touring. I didn’t mention it because I’m sorta afraid that someone will come over to my house and break in and steal what, I don’t know, or hassle me which would be a very bad idea since I am a mom now and capable of maiming without hesitation. But if you want to try me, you have exactly two days left. Bring it.

Anyway, he emails usually once a day and calls just about every day. I know on those days I don’t hear from him, he’s been partying like it’s 1999. That’s when he remembers that he’s no longer in his 20’s and walks beneath the hangover cloud all the next day. He emailed yesterday to say that they saw a very pregnant Gwen Stefani in a restaurant. The sax player in the band wanted to invite her to the show. The drummer replied, "Yeah, she's 8 and 1/2 months pregnant, I'm sure she'd love to come down." I would’ve. I was big belly up to the stage stacks one week before my due date. They should’ve asked her. Dummies.

Babyland sans the dad figure is always an interesting affair as I can sincerely devote the entire evening to baby, scarf on some TV dinners and watch some really bad boob tube. I mean REALLY bad. Now I have never, ever watched any of the reality TV shows but the one on VH1 called “The Flava of Love” hooked me. I still can’t figure out why. This came on last night on the *Best Week Ever. The comments on this website are pretty funny, too.

*Freakin’ cahrazie biaches! I was riveted and laughing my ass off which usually scares the child when he’s in the presence of a hysterical (in a good way) mom.

Weekend baby update (for dad’s sake): Willem discovered his hand today and it was weird. I mean he’s been aware of his hands for a while but I think he’s just figured out that he can make them do things. The weird part is that he was talking to them (yes, talking to the hand). He would reach for a colored square on the rug and then turn his hand to his face and “Ca ca ca ba ba ba” at it. Maybe he practicing ventriloquism? Next time I’ll put a sock on it and then we’ll have an opening act for daddy’s band. I also think that when daddy returns we'll need to get Willem a trampoline. He laughed his tiny toosh off at some kids jumping and crashing in to each other at an Easter Egg Kegger.

No comments: