chaos7

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

A Dysfunctional Debut

I have finally managed to find the time (and many reasons) to create a blog. For months, it has been a manifestation eloquently written in my mind on a daily basis but actually getting this thing to become a reality has been a challenge. So, now, here it is and it feels pretty dang good.

I have only recently begun reading other peoples blogs, namely "mommie" blogs, and find them to be a great outlet for the quirks of everyday life. In my case, things have gotten very quirky. I am in my 26th week of pregnancy and have a burning desire (yes, similar to prenatal heartburn) to write about this very surreal and life changing event. In addition to my child's impending arrival and very present state of being in my belly, my husband and I are in the midst of remodeling our home (it MIGHT be ready by the time Junebug makes its appearance). This situation has forced us to relocate temporarily down the street from the chaotic scene and we can now view the construction from a safe distance. Right behind our shack-to-a-castle dwelling, an overzealous developer is cramming 10 3-story condos in a lot once home to a peacefull collective of homeless beer-in-a-bag drinkers. I miss their jungle of privacy and mystery. Now, with all underbrush and trees removed, the temperature on our block it 10 degrees hotter, much noiser, and condusive to construction workers helping themselves to our backyard contents (I hope you enjoy the patio bricks!).

So in the coming hours, days, weeks, years even, I will describe the details of what it's like in this little world of mine and I truly hope you find some enjoyment, entertainment, and encouragement in it. Anon.

No comments: