chaos7

Friday, June 10, 2005

Friday Solitude

I just ate a whole foot long coney WITH ONIONS, MUSTARD, CHEESE AND CHILI from Sonic. I ate the whole thing. And tator tots. With ketchup. I can't even remember the last time I went to a Sonic. It's been a few years, at least. I originally wanted a steak sandwich but it's no longer on the menu. All kinds of un-Soniclike stuff is though...chicken wraps, salads, PowerAid slushes. What happened? I do eat well nearly all of the time and prefer to eat healthy but being pregnant makes you crave the most unhealthy foods. My problem is I'll see somebody eating something and I'll want it. Just want to take it from them and eat it. That's how I wound up at Sonic. After paying a small fortune for a collection of faucets and shower doo-dads for the house, I drove by Sonic on my way back to the office. I could see a long line of silvery burger wrappers in the hands car diners. I didn't really internalize the effect it had until I was running errands after work. There was the Sonic again and without hesitation, I turned the car to the left, sped to a vacant stall and within minutes, my coney combo had arrived. Almost ordered a root beer float, too, but I do try to have some self control.

The husband is out of town this weekend. He plays music for a living and thankfully, he makes a living at it. I enjoy our brief moments apart. I'm sure he concurs. When we first started dating, he toured constantly. I signed up for that arrangement. I liked saying hello and goodbye with such frequency. He kept that new car smell. It's been about 3 1/2 years since he's been on the road for an extended period of time. Now, with a new musical endeavor under his white star studed belt, the road beckons again and before too long the new car smell will return. Or will it? He does have his first offspring on the way. Stay tuned.

No comments: