chaos7

Thursday, June 16, 2005

It's All About Me

I must say that I'm doing a terrible job of keeping up with this blogging thing which makes me feel like I don't deserve to have my own blog. It would be easier to maintain if we were actually living in the home where we are paying a giant mortgage and where our wireless internet access is housed but instead we are pretending that the duplex we are living in now is home, sweet home and has everything we need.

I'm hosting my own baby shower this Sunday. I'm too much of a control freak to let someone else do it and besides, I don't have anything else to do (still need to pick out floors for the house under construction, design the kitchen cabinet layout, decide on exterior paint colors, plan the nursery, go to my day job, be a wife, grow a healthy child...). I'm calling the soiree "Junebug's Karaoke Baby Shower" and it's turning out to be quite the bash. Hopefully, I'll get everything done before it actually starts. My to do lists are ridiculously lenghty.

My mother and youngest brother (20-year-old fine hunk of paramedic/fireman) are making the four hour drive to the shower day of. She called night before last to tell me she's bringing a date to the shower (mother is somewhat recently divorced). She could barely contain her excitement. This is her first date post years of painful dishonesty with a man who really let her down. The "date" has no idea what he's in for. Being the eldest, I feel it is my duty to screen all prospective suitors interested in my wonderful and deserving mother and put them through a battery of tests, quizzes, physical agility feats, and personality screens. I also require a complete financial statement before date number two. We'll see how it goes.

I went to see my massuse last night and I got buffed to a blissful shine. She is truly remarkable in her technique and I can barely drive myself home after the treatment. Unfortunately, Junebug felt it necessary to train for some in utero marathon the whole hour so just as I'm channeling a nice warm spot on the beach in Kauaii, the baby's breaking pole vaulting records. At least I know the kiddo's active and alive.

Today is my glucose screening at the doctor's office. I get to drink a very unnaturally orange beverage and then have blood drawn. My friend, Wendy, claims the drink is REALLY good. In fact, she's mentioned it a couple of times. I'm waiting for her to offer me money for it any minute.

No comments: