chaos7

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Cake, Wife Swapping, And Poop Sticks

It’s been a dang busy week here at the ranch. I can barely keep up with my hygiene routine much less this blogging. The following is a list of updates…

-The anonymous commenter on an earlier blog about the cake/vomit incident came forward and apologized for writing it. She didn’t mean for it to sound malicious and was completely kidding. Girl, you scared my husband.

-GoGo came to town last weekend to sit with the little one so I could go out of town for an overnighter with hubby to Houston. He had a gig and a hotel room, I had anxiety and hot flashes. It was the first time since Willem was dropped off by the stork that I spent the night away with daddy. Like all parents, we spent the majority of the trip talking about baby. Daddy played a show and was WONDERFUL and I’m not just saying that ‘cuz I like him and all.

-Let it be known that my child has somewhat gotten the hang of the military crawl and can walk with good balance while holding on with one hand. Little does he know that he is on the verge of being the next Forrest Gump…”Run, Forrest, run!” It’s awesome to see his tiny frame toddle across the floor at knee height. Now I need to teach him how to retrieve the remote and bring it to us.

-Casting call: I got a call from ABC’s Wife Swap TV show yesterday. They’re casting for their third season and are looking for a family that throws lots of lavish parties, events, etc. so if you know of anyone or you yourself would like to give this reality show a shot, shoot me an email. I have some info I can send to you. Seriously.

-All this week and last, I have been working with the event planning team on a three day vendor fair for a company in Round Rock who will remain anonymous but rhymes with the word “Bell.” The theme was Willy Wonka and was complete with giant candy props and a chocolate fountain. Some of the props we had commissioned to be built didn’t end up looking like candy. In fact they didn’t look like anything I’d ever want to touch. Here they are. Judge for yourself…






















They were supposed to be chocolate dipped pretzels but as you can see there was no stopping the fact that we called them “poop sticks” all week. Thank you D for modeling with them for the camera.

No comments: