chaos7

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

ebay

Last week I bid on and won a lot of “developmental” toys on ebay. I paid a bit more than I wanted to but when I factored in all of the time spent shopping in this dreadful heat, the road rage, and all of the gallons of gas I’d use to purchase said toys new, I just said, “To hell with it, I’m going to the wall on this bid. Competing bidders be damned!” A woman from Fed Ex shuttled the enormous box to my door and practically threw it at me. Evidently she was this close to driving her truck in to a tree because one of the toys with a Sesame Street-theme had fresh new batteries inside. “Elmo loves baby! Elmo loves baby! Elmo loves baby!” was what she heard for a few too many hours. Safe to assume that “Fed Ex lady hates Elmo!”

One of the toys in the grouping is a Fisher Price activity walker. It kinda looks like a shopping cart sans the cart. Now Willem doesn’t crawl yet but you insert a finger in each of his fists and he’s off like a dwarf on Red Bull. I attached his little hands to the handle of the walker and he shot off like he had tweaked an imaginary throttle. He was practically running to my closet and weaving out of control. Thank goodness this was all happening on carpet. I had to leap through the air like a panther attacking prey to catch up to him and stop the crazy forward momentum. He looked at me like, “What the heck just happened and how did I get here so fast. Can we do it again?’ Needless to say, this one toy is to be used under major supervision and on padded floors.

No comments: