chaos7

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Showbiz Baby

It's been a tough couple of days since the husband has been completely submerged in a musical he's written and is performing in this week (finally!). His rehearsals have taken him out of the family unit much to my chagrin but I try and keep it to myself (but, please, let me share it on the internet). Without his 20 minute-a-day visit with Willem, I am overwhelmed and beat. The tot and I are tired of looking at each other by the time the sun goes down. It's been a battle of wills. I don't think I am supposed to be with him this many hours a day. Will this developmentally affect my child somewhere down the road?

He has been forced to run errands with me but he's really gotten the hang of it. In public he's all smiles and coos and gurgles. He sends women running home to their husbands for more offspring. He naps while I eat out (alone) and wakes up just in time to woo the waitress before we leave. He's the cutest baby in the land at the Fresh Plus grocery store right before he busts a nut when we get around the corner on our way home. In the evening, it's much more of a challenge as he fights sleep and I fight his fight. Somehow we compromise and he drifts off but by this time, I am totally wiped out. A glass of wine, a shower, and I'm ready to turn in. Yes, it's 9 p.m. Boy, have things changed.

For the record, I DO miss my job.

Oh, I just ordered this for the little guy. Soon he'll be begging to hang with the band and since I can't discourage him from being a musician, at least I can protect his hearing. http://store.yahoo.com/earplugstore/ejuearmu.html

No comments: