chaos7

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Mr. Who?


About a week ago, I emailed my mother (Go Go to her grandson) to invite her and her sister to come visit me and the baby. Hubby is going to be gone all weekend playing gigs so we could have the run of the place and do mother, daughter, grandson, auntie sort of things together. I got an email back from her explaining that they couldn't come and perhaps we'd see each other in a few weeks or so. I was surprised! What? Go Go doesn't want to endure the lame four hour drive to see her only grandson? I mulled this over for a few days but finally had to call her at work and say what tha'? Seems there was a misunderstanding in the translation of my email and SHE thought I didn't want her to come visit BECAUSE huband would be gone. Wrong-o. So we're discussing the possibility of them coming and I can tell that she needs to get off of the phone to address someone or something at her desk. She's saying she'll check with her sister and would call me to let me know of their plans. The pace of the conversation picks up a bit more and I'm telling her to "Yes, call me when you know, we'd love to see you, it will be fun, he's so big," and so forth and at the last moment she says, "Well, I guess I won't get to see my boyfriend this weekend. He'll have to wait. No big deal." or something along those lines but I don't hear the rest of what she says after the word BOYFRIEND. What? Who? Stop the presses...and she says, "I'll call you, love you." Click. Excuse me? Boyfriend?

No comments: