chaos7

Friday, November 18, 2005

Admiring My Post Natal Self

I'm in the process of weaving a baby blanket for Willem with the CLUMPS OF HAIR THAT ARE FALLING OUT OF MY HEAD! The luxurious mane I effortlessly grew while preggers is a thing of the past. I was thinking of going back to my natural blonde color this month but I don't think I'll have any hair left to dye soon. My nails have returned to their wafer thin ways and the knuckles on my hands are huge. I had to have my wedding ring increased half a size to get it back on my finger. Little did I know that was going to cost me $130! That's 7 packages of diapers and 2 boxes of breast pads, man.

I'm still carting around a spare tire for a Pinto in the midsection area (sexy, no?) but a girlfriend explained that this thing might stick around for a while. She says it's natures way of making sure I have enough reserves to maka de leche. Although I can wear my old jeans, keep in mind that they're hip huggers so they dip below the belly and leave a nice place for it to perch when I sit down to nosh candy corns.

My C-section scar has healed and now I sport a thin-lipped grin in my pelvic region. Vericose veins? Check. I'll be zapping those suckers sometime next year. The boobs are pretty cool but are beyond my control. Willem has them under his spell. We added a set of stairs to our house and if I'd known that my knees were going to be so sore climbing them with baby a million times a day, I would've commissioned the elevator job. Actually, I'm just plain sore all over. Back, wrists, back, knees, back. Did I mention fatigue? I'm about to doze off as I write...this...Zzzzzzz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I had a couple of varicose veins and they went away. I think it has a lot to do with my vitamin routine, which I will be happy to share with you. Don't worry, you're just in the 3 month slump, where you thought your body should be back to it's prepregnancy awesomeness but it took nine months to get big and will take probably that long to be exactly the way it was before and the belly will go away, mine mostly has. The rest is up to me, of course. I gained 52 pounds and the last time I weighed(over a month ago) I only had 3 pounds to lose. The stairs will help it shred off. Don't worry, you're gorgeous and you now have a perfect accessory!