chaos7

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Poop We're About To Be In

How do you know when it’s time to begin the adventures in potty training? W is only 20 months old but I think I’m seeing some major signage, poop flags, if you will. I’ve heard that teaching little boys is a bit more challenging than teaching girls but I think W is seriously considering some toilet time or headed in that general direction at least. On a regular basis and usually in the morning he comes running into whatever room I’m in and says, “Poop poo,” and then heads straight to his room. He stands next to his changing table with his legs spread and hands griping the table like he’s waiting to be frisked. Usually though, he’s a little too early in his poop prediction and there’s nothing in there but air. What he’s telling me though is that merch is on its way and if I hang just a few minutes more then doodie duty will be on.

I bought him a small plastic potty a while back that I unpacked and assembled for him the other day. He has really been enjoying lifting it’s little plastic lid and having a seat on the squishy blue ring while pointing to the adult toilet nearby and requesting a pretend group effort. “Muh-ma, pooh poo, ” he commands. Ahhh…the candid spirit of the young. This morning he wouldn’t let me out of the house until we had a little loo sit-in. I need to get the Hubs in on this. He likes loo lingering and leaves a library of newspapers, crossword puzzles and time management books in his wake. These two could clock some serious quality time in there.

W hasn’t read any books on the subject or seen any DVDs so I better go get some. If there are any suggestions out there on your favorite poop poo productions, please let me know.

On the health front, I awoke to a normal eye this morning. No more corn flakes hanging off the lashes, thank god. The ulcer on the inside of my bottom lip is finally going away so now I don’t look like I had that botched botox job BUT I’m still battling a ribcage rattling cough that turns my lungs inside out and back again like a pair of athletic socks and my throat is raw, raw, raw. My abs, on the other hand, are like a six pack of Red Bulls. Seriously though, enough is enough. The Hubs is begging me to go to the doc but I heard from a friend this morning that I need to get on some Echinacea and garlic so I hit the GNC earlier. Hopefully this will work. I dread the idea of my doc scripting me with some hard core meds. I just don’t do well like that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is it with your kid? Really, what is it? Potty training?(!)

All that has occurred on that front here is that an increased awareness of his bodily functions has taught Graham to lie. He lies each and every time I ask him if he has pooped. EACH AND EVERY TIME. He shakes his head and says, "No, huh unh" ever so casually. Why does W seem to be helpful to you? How exactly did you manage that?

Glad you are better. But echinacea does nothing and you may need a trip to the doctor. I'm with the hubs.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like potty training W is going to be a piece of cake. In fact, it sounds like he has just about trained himself without any instruction. I'd dispense with the books and next time he's early with the poop prediction, march him right over to the throne an have him sit there until the magic happens. I think the trick with boys is getting them to click with the whole pee standing poop sitting distinction.

Kelly R. said...

I guess I should've mentioned that all of W's potty flirting has been done with his drawers ON. I think yanking them to his knees will send him hiding under his bed. He hates having his parts exposed and stays completely covered in his towel after his bath. Weirdo.

James Grayson said...

We had this potty training video around here somewhere on VHS with cute little songs. It drove me F--KING CRAZY and I may have smashed it. If I find it somewhere I'll give it to you. Then you can smash it!