chaos7

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Pushing The Reset Button










As the working like a dog fog of the past two weeks fades into the distance I am able to start thinking about all the “free” time I now have and how it will be consumed. I am a junkie freak for activity, the fighter of inertia and must keep up some sort of velocity. I'm a sicko.

The weeds in the flowerbeds taunt me as I walk by each morning with their little leaves waving in the breeze but soon I will be armed with long, silver tools to yank them out of the earth with more satisfaction than is considered normal. The shocking orange paint in the kitchen will be changed to something more digestible. Curtains will be made and furniture replaced. My truck, the one that went in for an oil change this morning and was diagnosed with pricy leaks here and there, will be traded in. CarMax here I come. There are yoga classes I have yet to attend. Oh, how I need them. And trips to Marfa to be made. So I look at the calendar and fill in the days with to dos and classes and trips and tasks. I really don’t know what it means to do nothing, to just sit and relax but I guess I could pencil that in on the calendar as well.

More pics of W in all his growing, growth spurt glory. He's already rockin' an awesome tan.










1 comment:

jen said...

new furniture, car, paint. Wow! I like the orange paint btw.
j