chaos7

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Will To The Um.

So “bahth” time usually plays out like this…I say “Do you wanna take a bath?”and W leaps to his feet and runs like a drag queen in new stilettos to the loo, his arms swinging wildly from side to side. One recent evening, W was seriously excited about the idea of bathing with one of his small toy trucks. He stepped up on his little plastic IKEA stool and threw the truck into the clawfoot tub as it was filling with water and bubbles. I turned to get a wash cloth out of the drawer behind me and turned back just in time to see his feet pass in front of my eyes as he tumbled heels over ass into the tub like a drunken sailor, clothes and all. Needless to say, he was a bit upset but washing his truck was mighty important to him so he quickly bounced back for the task. Thank goodness he wasn’t traumatized by the event (I sorta was. I mean, it happened so fast!). It’s hard enough to get his hair washed without a ultra drama already.

The Hubs has been rather busy with this band and musical lately which means face time with W has been minimal. W and I went out of town for the night for his grandad’s 60th birthday this past weekend (fun was had by all!) so we all have been ships passing in the night. When this happens, and it periodically does, W develops a Super Glue-like bond to me and shuns his father. Physically. Night before last, the Hubs was trying to get in on a group hug and W stiff-armed him out of the circle like a bouncer denying K-Fed club access. Ouch! I know there will come a day though when he will no longer have much interest in his mama and I will be the one banished from the group while he and his daddy talk about football and girls. Right?

1 comment:

jen said...

Right, but you will never be totally banished. (at least that's what I've been told!)
love ya!
jen