chaos7

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Angel VS Devil

It’s snowing today. You didn’t read that wrong. It’s snowing here in Austin, Texas...big, fluffy, marshmallowy flakes. The icy tree branches creak and pop ominously in the silent breeze. No work at the office but modern technology allows for no time off. I have a conference call in the next hour. All work and no play makes momma a dull momma. This weekend will be a reprieve though as I will be heading to sunny L.A. for the weekend to see the Hubs play a couple of shows, see my good friend, Laurie, and do some shopping(!). This is all sans the child as Gogo is kind enough to drive down and hang with him. I am putting together a meticulous list of W’s world and its requirements that I’m sure mom will use to wipe W’s snot with cause it’s not like she didn’t raise three of her own. Speaking of snot, I have a protective layer of it on my clothes. I’m sure I could escape frostbite in the winter storm with it.

W is going through the most intense passive/aggressive stage ever. It’s an extreme case of Jekyll & Hyde. Yesterday morning, after following my gentle orders not to lose or eat the Hubs’ wedding ring, W slid down the stairs feet first the way he does like it’s a waterslide and delicately handed it over to him, no muss, no fuss. On the other hand, when I refused to put W on the shelf in my closet because I’m trying to get dressed for work and this does not include hanging out in the closet for chunks of time while he fondles my garments and teeters on the edge of falling in a mountain of shoes, he pouts and stomps and throws things, anything he can get his angry mitts on. What’s really funny is when he goes for something that weighs as much as I do and tries to heave-ho it in my direction. It’s hard not to laugh at him when he’s feeling especially spicy. He’s really a sweet little guy but he’s certainly giving the exploration of “how fitful can I be before I injure myself or others” a good run.

Santa brought him a wooden train track with 4 magnetic cars. He choo-choos his way through about 2 minutes of solo play before the bliss becomes diss and the train cars are airborne with the track pieces soon to follow. He is blessed with a high level of concentrated effort and will intently work on a project to master it as it was shown to him. “This tiny stick fits in this hole and then the whole thing fits in here and this button spins it and this one stops it.” He repeats the task beginning to end as shown but if something in the sequence goes amiss, insert major drama. He gets it from his father, there’s no doubt, as I am the calm, collected one and the Hubs is a wild bull in search of an “Ole’!” It’s yet another stage in W’s development, one we all have to grow through with him.


Them icicles is reals! Not some leftover Christmas decorations, peoples! For reals!

















W headed out into the wintery morning, mitts and all. He thought they were puppets and did a mime act with them.





















Totally tuckered out (he doesn't ALWAYS have that pacifer in his mouth, promise...we let him talk once in a while).

2 comments:

gogo said...

I'm looking forward to my visit..
Such cute pic's
GoGo

jen said...

No snow here, just sloppy sleet. I have one icicle, 2 feet long! That's all I have to show for our "ice storm".
Love the hat!
Jen