chaos7

Monday, October 02, 2006

Buffet Baby

















For a tiny guy (all 19 pounds of him), Willem can put away some vittles. This is what he consumed yesterday…
- Cheerios he found in his dwarf-sized couch cushions
- Three bites of a bagel
- A box of juice
- Half of a slice of quiche
- An entire veggie corn dog
- 8 grapes
- A quarter of a giant Belgian waffle at Hyde Park Grill
- A dried apricot
- 2 animal crackers
- A bite of my peanut butter sandwich
- One veggie chicken nugget
- A handful of corn
- Apple yogurt with cereal
- Container of applesauce
- Gallons of water

Oh yeah, he nursed twice.

W knows where the nibbles are and lets it be known with an outside voice that rattles glass window panes that he’s feeling peckish. As a result, he walks around led by a round ball of a belly, back arched and shoulders back for support of said belly. Seriously cute.

Today was the first day of full-time daycare and again W could’ve given a rat’s ass that I was there or leaving. Malcontent Mama made a good point stating that at his age, babies want to be social and as a mama wearing W’s velvet handcuffs for the past year, it’s nice to break free of the chains and get into my own groove. That groove would consist of getting my southbound buns into the nearby gym but, ugh, I don’t look forward to that at all. I’m the kind of person that works out for a while and then pays the monthly dues out of guilt because I can’t stand to go in there and engage in a monotonous workout any longer. And then there’s the gym/sweat/disinfectant odor that attacks my nostrils like allergy season. Perhaps I’ll consider yoga, a perfect opportunity to bend myself into a public pooting machine. Seriously, I’m terrified of breaking wind while relaxing my inner sphincter. Besides, I get too giggly when I try to relax and stretch and be quiet all at once. I’ve never done well in-group exercise settings because my own buffooness makes me laugh like a banshee. Once I took a step class and nearly killed myself and the girl next to me. I flapped my arms and legs like a wounded seagull because the steppers expect you to just know the moves and they just keep on moving. For me, it was a bad idea all the way around.

Oh, remember when I wrote a few days ago about the onset of autumn? Well, the chilly days I so eagerly embraced are gone, gone like a jilted lover. Back to tank tops and shorts. I’m so over this.

4 comments:

jen said...

You make me laugh so hard!
Love ya!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Graham - A Day of Eating
entire big old english muffin
apple yogurt with cereal
millions of grapes (bad idea, as we subsequently found out)
whole piece of meat loaf
cornichon pickle (for my entertainment)
bowl of butternut squash
cereal bar thing we call a "cookie"
cheerios (some from tray, some from floor)
cottage cheese
half an avocado
broccoli
other half of cookie thing
a few bottles (yes, I know, I know -- my head is hung in shame)
part of a drawer pull from an antique desk (terrier ate some of it, to be fair)
part of "Spot's First Walk"
corner of a phone bill

Karla May said...

My child eats like a damn bird. I WISH she'd scarf down as much stuff as your boys...

That photo is too damn precious, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

We would like to invite you to showcase your blog articles to millions of internet-surfing mums through the Surfingmama Blog Carnival. Surfingmama focuses only on stuff that matters. For mums. Submit to us articles that mums need to make informed choices. Topics include childcare, preschool, child-education, child-safety, pregnancy, child-health, special-needs, breastfeeding, mothers-health, childbirth, getting-pregnant, and even humor!

In fact, we just concluded our premier carnival for mums where we picked out 11 fabulous articles. Check it out at: http://surfingmama.com/2006/09/25/first-surfingmama-carnival-for-mums/.

Submit now! The 2nd edition is scheduled on Oct 9, 2006 at:

http://blogcarnival.com/bc/submit_506.html