chaos7

Friday, September 23, 2005

If Raising A Baby Were A Foreign Language...

I'd be nearly fluent by now. Doing something 24/7 is an interesting challenge. W and I watch the world (or at least our little corner of the world) pack up its day and go to sleep each evening and then watch it as it unfolds into a new day in the twilight of the morning. We are up and down all night but I'm not complaining. I wasn't counting on consistent sleep being a part of this deal anyway. It's a beautiful thing actually. He and I have our own quiet exsistence as the hours and days tick by. He evolves as my tiny infant son and I evolve as a mother and we do this together, just he and I. For this time together, I am grateful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you now know how to make $800/month in extra income thanks to THAT guy!! Kelly your post Willem entries have all brought tears to my eyes...sooo sweet!! When can I come see him again? Nicole

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

Mike D. Here. Congrats on your new baby!!!! I wish you and your family the best!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi lady,
Hope all is going well in your corner of the world. I know your days must be a swirl of breastfeeding and diapering with a little sleep mixed in. You sound as though you are blissfully happy and that you and Willem are getting on just fine. I cannot believe he will be three weeks old this Saturday. I'll bet he has changed so much since I met him in the hospital. Give me a call or an email when you have a chance, Courtney and I would love to come over and pamper you and see the baby. Love you both!
Steph

Anonymous said...

Wow! Wendie, I'm impressed that you can actually remember all that. I can't remember very much at all and I recommend keeping that baby book up to date. I've forgotten so many things. It's amazing. Oh yeah, the superswaddle was a godsend. The Peeps slept through the night when she was swaddled. We had to stop using it when she could turn over and then she stopped sleeping through the night. HOpefully that won't happen to you.