chaos7

Monday, August 29, 2005

A Trio Interpretation

The day Junebug decides to grace us with its presence, two other very important people will be assisting me in the delivery process. They are my husband (of course) and, Christi, my best friend since first grade. The other night, we all had dinner together to discuss any concerns about the delivery room dynamic (there were none - Go Team!). At the end of the meal, we each picked up and ate the little metallic paper wrapped mint that the waiter had left with the bill. I couldn't help but notice how each of us had discarded the wrappers. The top one is Christi's, the bottom left is hubby's and mine is on the bottom right.



As you can see from her meticulously folded version, Christi is in the best position to take care of all of my needs, concerns, and delusions in the delivery room. Hubby's seems to be a reflection of confusion and uncertainty (but present) and mine, well, you can see how I must be feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh baby! I feel for you. Hang in there. It's just around the corner and hey, if you are up at 4:30 AM, chances are that I am, too. Give me a call and we can chat. I love you lots.

Anonymous said...

Oh baby! I feel for you. Hang in there. It's just around the corner and hey, if you are up at 4:30 AM, chances are that I am, too. Give me a call and we can chat. I love you lots.